This past Saturday, I was with Alissa's sister Sarah and her best friend Charity at the annual Missing in Arizona day. We were there to represent Alissa, and to get answers as to the lack of prosecution in her case...
We had the pleasure to talk with Det. William Andersen, who investigated the case alongside Det. Somershoe. Andersen remembers the case with remarkable detail. He seemed understandably frustrated that the hundreds of hours he spent working on the case have not lead to a resolution. Yet.
The event was very successful, with over 200 people participating and 75 new missing person reports filed. In the last two years, 19 cases were already resolved thanks to the Missing in Arizona Day.
Here are the phone records from the land line in Alissa's home for the day she disappeared:
Disclaimer: the following are an interpretation made by detectives of an AMA dump, defined as "a torrent of information which is released in a very unrefined form." You might notice some discrepancies, which could be explained by 2 factors: Inaccuracies in the collection of data, or the fax machine connected to this land line, which could explain some of the entries.
1. 08:00 OUTGOING to INSURANCE COMPANY 1 - 30 min
2. 08:23 OUTGOING to INSURANCE COMPANY 2 - 21 min
3. 08:53 INCOMING from INSURANCE COMPANY 2 - 2 min
4. 12:06 INCOMING from ? - 2 min
5. 13:56 INCOMING from ? - 3 sec
6. 13:56 INCOMING from ? - 2 sec
7. 16:48 INCOMING from ? - 0 sec
8. 17:01 INCOMING from ? - 2 min
9. 17:15 INCOMING from ? - 3 sec
10. 17:16 INCOMING from Michael Turney's cell phone - 1 min
11. 17:17 INCOMING from Michael Turney's cell phone - 1 min
12. 17:34 INCOMING from ? - 1.5 min
This is a huge relief for me personally, because I can finally show the world my work that I'm so proud of, and tell the story of a girl who no longer has a voice.
This case has overrun my life for the past 9 months, and I often found myself entangled in its web of mystery. Some weeks have been empowering, and there were others where I felt overwhelmed with anxiety.
The moment we published, though, I no longer felt any fear.
Listen on iTunes, or wherever you get your podcasts!
Please review - it really helps!
Like us on Facebook and subscribe on this website under "contact" for any UPDATES